Monday, June 4, 2012

Seeker!

I'm now officially a Gardnerian Seeker, accepted for training by the wonderful Trothwy and Evn, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Maybe you wouldn't think an Alexandrian second-degree would be this excited, but I think it's a good sign; I'm excited about learning something new, about growing and changing, and for someone who frequently quotes Garth's* "We fear change", this is saying something.

My horse is still getting over pigeon fever. I need to move him to a new barn as soon as he's well. There are bills to pay and laundry to do and schedules to juggle and all the other day-to-day things that sometimes make me think that the main benefit of adulthood is that I can have cereal for dinner if I want to; but now, I also have this wonderful new world opening up in front of me.

I also have group lessons to go teach, so I'm off to go slather myself with a gallon of sunblock.


*From "Wayne's World". Yes, my taste in film is generally less-than-sophisticated.

No comments:

Post a Comment