Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Day In The Life Of The Ocelot.

Pregnant Young Neighbor has brought us Rice Krispie treats again. My Celtic tendency towards the return of hospitality demands that I feed her one of my calzones. Whenever they're done. Which may be two days from now at the rate I'm going.

I have Angel's Trumpet in my yard. Rosemary, sage, basil, and oregano are growing in a box. The witch is hidden in this odd little trailer park, her garden growing in plain sight. I wonder if I'm the only one.

And I will hand out the ritual sacrifice of chocolate and candy in just a few weeks. It's not blood and bone, not the heart and liver of the slain sacrifice, but I know what it is. I hand out sweets to the representatives of the Restless and Beloved Dead with a smile and a silent blessing, hoping everyone gets home safe for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment