Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Cure For What Ails You.

First, thanks to everyone for their sympathies about the divorce. It's one of the hardest things I've ever gone through, and that's saying something.

Now - the cure for what ails me.

I spoke to the owner at the Lesson Barn today (where I ride, but don't teach...yet). She asked a couple of really polite questions that added up to "Can you handle this and not blubber all over the clients?" I told her that I've been teaching while this has been going on, and that I don't talk about it to the kids or their parents, because I simply don't want to. Everything gets put on the back burner when I'm with the horses; for one thing, distraction is dangerous around horses, and for another, horses drive everything else out of my mind when I'm with them.

The saddle. The bit and reins. The horse under me or beside me, and nothing else matters, and I have only known the same peace in circle. Things may get intense or scary or funny or what-have-you, but there's a tranquility at the root of it that I don't seem to get except with horses and the Craft.

Gardening, hiking and camping come close. I'd love to combine Craft, riding, and camping, and take an overnight trail ride with a bunch of other witches and see what happens.

Besides my big grey loon tossing me ass-over-teakettle and everyone spending all day finding him, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment